I recently published a post titled: how to move VirtualBox Virtual Machine to another partition or onto an External drive.
Another way / method of moving a VirtualBox VM from host to host, partition to partition and which in my opinion is faster, neater and easier is the following:
1) Power off the VM you want to move
2) Copy the VM installation folder from old-partition/location to new-partition
3) After the copy is over, Open VirtualBox, select the VM you want to move, right-click and select Remove >> Remove Only (see below screenshot)
4) On the Top-Menu, Select Machine >> Add
- navigate to the new partition where your VM-folder was copied, and select the VM's file (.vbox extension) inside the folder and click Open
Your VM gets re-added and Thats all Folks
Your comments are welcome!!